It’s last day of the year and here’s a special recepie to relish on.. KUZHIMANDHI BIRIYANI.. Kerala special biriyani ..This recepie is completely different from the other Biriyani preparations…
Checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 8 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Dry red chillies: 5 to 6
- Cinnamon sticks: 2 small piece
- Cardamom : 4 to 5
- Cloves: 4 to 5
- Fennel seeds: 1 tbsp
- Black peppercorns: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds: 2 tbsp
- Butter: 1/4 cup melted
- Sella Rice: 1 kg
- *Chicken : 1 kg
- *Onions: 3 sliced
- *Ginger garlic: 2 tbsp crushed
- *Green chillies: 3 slit
- *Bay leaves: 2
- *Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- *Cardamom: 3
- *Dried lemon: 1
- *Ghee: 1 cup
- *Charcoal: 1 small piece
- Dry roast the ingredients for Marination. Ground into fine powder.
- You can use whole chicken or chop into large pieces with skin.
- Mix together 3 tbsp of ground masala with melted butter and marinate the chicken pieces for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Soak rice for 30 mins. Heat ghee in a wok or biriyani vessel.
- Add onions with enough salt and saute till onions turn soft.
- Add whole spices and crushed ginger and garlic and saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add coriander powder and remaining ground powder and mix well for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add soaked rice and mix. Now add water ( for 1 cup rice : 1 n 1/2 cups of water)
- Add dried lemon, green chillies and enough salt and mix.
- Keep a strainer or colander on top of the vessel. Place the marinated chicken pieces on top and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 30 to 40 mins on medium flame.
- After 40 mins, remove the chicken pieces and either shallow fry or roast in oven for 15 to 20 mins.
- Once roasted, layer the chicken pieces on top of rice and place the charcoal in a bowl and keep in centre of vessel.
- Drizzle some oil on charcoal and light it up.
- Cover and keep for 5 mins.
- Remove the charcoal bowl and serve.