Weekend calls for some special cooking and today it’s ONE POT VEG BIRIYANI … Easy peesy recepie and delicious when accompanied with salad, Papad and pickle.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Basmati rice: 4 cups
- Onions: 1 large finely chopped
- Carrot: 1 cubed
- Potato: 2 peeled n cubed
- Green peas: 1 cup
- Corn kernels: 1/2 cup
- Purple cabbage: 1 cup chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Yoghurt: 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small
- Cloves: 4
- Green cardamom: 3
- Shah Jeera : 1 tsp
- Black peppercorn: 10 nos
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder/ Biriyani masala : 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves: 1 tbsp
- Ghee: 4 tbsp
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Onions: 1 thinly sliced
- Cashews: 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves: 2 tbsp chopped
- Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp chopped
- Pineapple essence: 2 tsp
- Saffron milk: 2 tbsp
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a saucepan, fry the thinly sliced onions till they turn dark brown, drain and keep aside.
- To the same saucepan, add cashews and toss till they turn golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a Biriyani wok / pot, add whole spices and toss for a minute.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes soft. To this add Ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add all the veggies, and mix well . Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Next add all the dry spice powders and mix well. Add yoghurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves and enough salt and mix well with the masala.
- Add the soaked rice, and 8 cups of water( 1 cup rice: 2 cup water) .
- Add more salt if required. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 mins on medium to low flame.
- When the rice is done , layer it with fried onions, cashews, chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, pineapple essence, saffron milk and lime juice.
- Mix well before serving.