DAL PALAK …. Tried Innovative way of commonly prepared Indian side dish today, Usually in this recepie the big spinach leaves are used but here I have replaced it with Baby spinach leaves and used two types of dal, green gram and Yellow lentils ( tuvar dal) .
Lentils and spinach being beneficial health-wise it is best when had with rotis or rice.
Checkout the detailed recepie below
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Tuvar dal: 1/2 cup
- Green Moong: 1/2 cup
- Baby spinach: 2 bunches
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Garlic: 5 to 6 cloves finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Cumin: 1 tbsp crushed
- Dry red chillies: 3
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Pressure cook green Moong and tuvar dal with salt and 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder.
- Finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onions and saute till they turn transparent.
- Add the chopped baby spinach and saute on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and black pepper powder and toss for 5 mins.
- Add in the pressure cooked dal to this and let it cook for 10 mins on medium to low flame.
- Check for salt at this stage, add some if required.
- Turn the heat off, for seasoning heat a small pan, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds, let it splutter. Add remaining half of crushed cumin seeds.
- Add dry red chillies, garlic ,curry leaves , asoefitida powder and red chilli powder and toss for few seconds.
- Pour this seasoning over the dal and mix.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
LIKE | SHARE |COMMENT if you like the recepie.