Have you ever tried this Combo ?? If not , then Definitely you should be trying this out. I came across this combination after I got married to my Thrissurkaaran hubby.
Kolli / Cassava is boiled and then seasoned and tempered to preparer this delicious gravy.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇🏻
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Cassava / Kolli : 1/4 kg
- Pearl onions / shallots: 10 to 12
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Peel and chop the Cassava / Kolli. Wash it well in water 2 to 3 times. Soak in salted water for 5 mins. Drain the water.
- Pressure cook the Cassava with some salt and turmeric powder for 2 to 3 whistles. Let the pressure settle down.
- Mash it well leaving few chunks behind.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add shallots and green chillies, sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Lower the flame and add red chilli powder, give it a toss.
- Add the remaining stock from boiled Cassava, let it come to boil.
- Finally add in the Cassava and mix well.
- Keep it covered for 5 to 6 mins before serving.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie.