Kumbalanga Moloshyam or Ashgourd and lentils is a Kerala style simple recepie . No recepie can be as simple as this one. I learnt this recepie from my MIL while I was in Kerala .
In this recepie , Ashgourd and yellow lentils are pressure cooked and finally a dash of coconut oil and curry leaves are added .
Checkout the detailed recepie below
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Kumbalanga /Ashgourd: 2 cups
- Tuvar dal / yellow lentil: 3/4 th cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Peel the skin and finely chop the Ashgourd / kumbalanga.
- Pressure cook the kumbalanga with tuvar dal , turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and sufficient water for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure settle down,open the lid and add the coconut oil and curry leaves and give it a mix.
- Serve hot with rice .