Fried rice in desi style; Have you ever thought of this combo ?? I just gave it a thought and tried it and it was super amazing.
In this recepie , veggies are tossed with whole spices and No sauce is added. Amd the cooked rice is sautéed to mix well with the flavours.
Checkout the detailed recepie below
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Cooked Long rice: 2 cups
- Boneless chicken: 1 cup chopped
- Red onions: 2 finely sliced
- Carrots: 1 cup chopped
- Capsicum: 1 cup chopped
- Black peppercorn: 5 to 6
- Cinnamon : 1 small stick
- Green Cardamom : 2
- Celery: 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onion: 2 tbsp chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 sliced
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Spring onion greens: 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt: as required
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the boneless chicken pieces. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 mins, stirring in between.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add Cinnamon, black peppercorns, green cardamom,ginger ,garlic, celery , green chillies, spring onion whites. Give it a toss.
- Add finely sliced onions, sauté till it becomes soft.
- Add finely chopped carrots and capsicum; Sauté with some salt till the veggies become soft and crisp.
- Add turmeric powder and sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well with the veggies and spices. Add the fried chicken pieces and toss.
- Finally add some spring onion greens and mix well.