Chowmein is a recepie that originates from China . The recepie usually is stir fried noodles with veggies and sauces in sesame oil.
You can add veggies of your choice in this recepie. Cooking in sesame oil adds on more taste to the Chowmein. Here I have used Maggi noodles ( inspired by Chef Sanjyot Kher) .
Checkout the detailed recepie below
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Maggi Noodles: 3 packs
- White onion: 1 sliced
- Celery : 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Carrots: 1 cup julienned
- Cabbage: 1 cup julienned
- Capsicum: 1 cup sliced
- Schezwan sauce : 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as required
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Maggi Masala : 3 tsp
- Spring onion greens: for garnishing
- White sesame seeds: few
- Sesame oil: 4 tbsp
- Boil noodles with some oil in water. Drain the noodles when it’s half done. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add celery and onions and toss on high flame for a minute.
- Add veggies and toss till tender and crisp.
- Add salt , Maggi Masala and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Lower the flame and add the sauces and mix.
- Now add the cooked noodles and mix well to coat with the sauces and veggies.
- Finally sprinkle some spring onion greens and white sesame seeds. Serve hot .