Paneer Tikka Masala is a spicy and delicious North Indian side dish. I have used homemade paneer / cottage cheese in this recepie .
The whole spices used in the recepie adds on more flavour. You can adjust the spiciness according to your taste buds. My personal preference is kashmiri chilli powder which gives a good bright colour as well as required spiciness to the recepie.
Recepie courtesy @ Kanaks Kitchen.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 to 25 mins
- Paneer / cottage cheese: 2 cups cubed
- Onion: 2 large finely chopped
- Tomato : 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Green cardamom: 2
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt: as required
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil: 3 tbsp
- Add paneer cubes in a bowl, sprinkle some turmeric powder and chilli powder. Toss gently to mix.
- Heat some ghee in a wok, add the paneer cubes and shallow fry till it turns golden. Set aside once fried.
- Heat a wok, add ghee and oil to the wok.
- Add the whole spices and toss, add cumin seeds; let it crackle.
- Add onions with some salt and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Lower the flame and add the dry spice powders and mix well.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add a tsp of kasuri methi and mix well.
- Also add a cup of water and cook for another 5 mins.
- Finally add the fried paneer cubes and let it cook in the gravy for 5 to 6 mins.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
You must log in to post a comment.