Pepper Chicken Roast is a spicy and delicious chicken recepie with rich flavour of freshly ground black pepper. You can serve this recepie as starter/ appetizer or as a side dish with the main course. It goes well with any meal , rice, rotis and breads.
I have used boneless chicken pieces in this recepie but you can even use the one with bones. The gravy can be adjusted to your desired consistency but tastes better if made dry.
Lets checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- Boneless Chicken : 1 kg cubed
- Onions: 2 large sliced
- Shallots : 1 cup sliced
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Ginger garlic: 2 tbsp crushed
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Chicken Masala: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat oil , add shallots, ginger garlic and curry leaves. Toss till the shallots change colour.
- Add sliced onions with some salt and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Lower the flame and add all the spice powders except the black pepper and mix well.
- Toss till oil starts releasing.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it turns soft.
- Add the chicken pieces, with some more salt and half of black pepper powder amd mix.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
- Open the lid and mix well. Cook for 10 to 15 mins on medium flame till the gravy is dried up and chicken gets roasted well with the masala.
- Add the remaining black pepper and mix well.
- Finally add some curry leaves on top and mix.
You must log in to post a comment.