Baked Chicken Leg, a perfect recepie for weekdays dinner. Healthy eating is enjoyable when the food served looks bright and colourful.
Serve this along with some salad of your choice and it will make a complete balanced meal for the day. You can also fry the chicken in cast iron with little oil or cook them on a barbecue grill.
Sharing the recepie for Baked Chicken Leg below 👇
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Whole Chicken legs: 2
- Paprika powder: 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garlic powder: 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar: 1 tsp
- Dry mustard powder: 1/4 tsp
- Dried oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Five spice powder: 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup: 1/3 cup
- Dijon mustard: 1 tsp
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Prepare a spice mix by mixing together Paprika , chilli powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, dry mustard powder, dried oregano, pepper powder, five spice powder ,olive oil and salt.
- Rub this spice mix over the cleaned chicken leg pieces. Keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Prepare a sauce mix by mixing together tomato ketchup, dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, a tbsp of the spice mix prepared.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C for 10 mins.
- Bake the chicken for 20 mins. Remove from oven , apply the prepared sauce on both sides and bake for another 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and keep it for 5 mins before serving.