Nothing like homemade meatballs
Today’s innovative trial for dinner , SUNDRIED TOMATO MEATBALLS
Crispy, cheesy and chewy meatballs dunked in aromatic sundried tomato sauce is a bang on for a weekday meal.
The beef mince here is marinated along with cheese and spices for 15 mins.The marinated beef mince is then made into medium size balls and shallow fried. The meatballs are cooked in oven for almost 10 mins to make it crunchy from outside and chewy inside. These meatballs are then mixed into the prepared sauce and served hot.
Sharing the recepie below
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Beef Mince: 200g
- Egg: 1
- Plain flour: 2 tbsp
- Sun dried tomatoes: 1 tbsp chopped
- Dried oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Oil from sundried tomatoes: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 1 tsp minced
- All spice powder: 1 tsp
- Parmesan Cheese: 2 tbsp grated
- Salt: for taste
- Pepper: crushed for taste
- Olive oil / vegetable oil: 1/4 cup
For Tomato Sauce:
- Tomato Paste: 1/2 can
- Oil from sundried tomatoes: 1 tbsp
- Hot water: 1/2 cup
- Sun dried tomatoes: 1 tsp chopped
- Crushed pepper: 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl mix together beef mince , plain flour, egg, sun dried tomatoes, dried oregano, oil from the sundried tomatoes, garlic minced , All spice powder, salt and pepper for taste, shredded parmesan cheese. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Make medium size balls of the mix. Add oil to hot pan and cook the meatballs from all sides till golden brown.
- Remove from pan, drain and transfer to a oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cook the meatballs in a pre heated oven for 10 mins at 200°C.
- For the sauce, Add oil from the sun dried tomatoes, Add tomato paste with hot water. Cook for 2 mins. Add chopped sun dried tomatoes and some crushed pepper.Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and mix. Sprinkle some chopped basil leaves and serve.