Food is not rational, its all about culture, habit, craving and identity. Todays cooking is all about my kinda food; Masaledaar ( spicy) garmagaram ( piping hot) Keema Masala. Keema Masala with paav is a popular food in India. Goat mince or chicken mince with fresh peas and potatoes are the main ingredients in original recepie.
Here I have used beef mince for this preparation. You can even add fresh peas or potatoes in this recepie , but I havent added here.
Sharing the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 to 45 mins
- Beef Mince: 400g
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic green chillies: 2 tbsp crushed
- Black cardamom: 1
- Cinnamon stick: 1 small piece
- Cloves: 4
- Black peppercorns: 4
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powdee: 1 n 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Hot water: 1 cup
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat a skillet, add oil. Add the whole spices to the oil ( black cardamom, cinnamon stick, black peplercorns, cloves).
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till the onions turn translucent. Add crushed ginger,garlic and green chillies and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well till oil separates.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till it turns soft and mushy. Lower the heat and add red chilli powder and garam masala powder, mix well.
- Add the minced beef and mix well with the spices. Also add some salt to taste and a cup of hot water.
- Cook on high flame for 5 mins and simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
- Finally add a tsp of lime juice and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with bread, bun, rice or chapati.