Hello Folks ! Ever tried savoury version of Oats for breakfast? If you are bored of porridge or oatmeals or overnight oats , heres a healthy and delicious recipe , Indian version of Oats n I call it as ” Oats Upma “.
You can add on any veggies of your choice, just try and make it loaded and healthy.
Lets checkout the recipe below
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Cashews: 1 tbsp
- Green chillies: 1 or 2 finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Chopped veggies: 2 cups
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Lime juice : 1tsp
- Ghee/ clarified butter: 1 tbsp
- Rolled Oats: 2 cups
- Vegetable / Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add oil. Add mustard seeds , let it splutter. Add cashews, toss till it turns golden.
- Add green chillies and few curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add chopped veggies of your choice. I have added carrots and french beans. ( You can add peas, bell peppers, corn).
- Add some salt and mix. Cover and cook for 2 mins. Add turmeric powder, sprinkle some water,cover and cook again for 3 to 4 mins.
- Now add 1/4 cup water , lime juice and ghee, bring it to boil.
- Add rolled oats,mix well.Switch of the flame, cover and keep for 10 mins before serving.