Happiness is when you bake something for the first time and it turns out to be perfect. I have been thinking to make cinnamon rolls since long time and have been referring to different books and recipe videos and here I am sharing the recipe.
Do share your feedback if you try it.
Preparation time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 to 35 mins
Yield: 10 to 12 nos.
- Plain flour / Bakers wheat flour: 3 cups +2 tbsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- Active dry yeast: 1tsp
- Egg: 1 large
- Sugar: 4 tbsp + 1/4 cup
- Melted butter: 1tbsp +1tbsp
- Softened butter: 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Add a tsp of active dry yeast / a pack of instant yeast to 1 cup warm milk. Let it sit for 5 mins.
- Pour this into a large bowl, add egg, 4tbsp sugar, 1tbsp melted butter and salt. Whisk well till everything is combined. You can either use a electric or a hand whisker.
- Now add the flour and combine with the wet mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Knead well into a soft dough till the dough doesnt stick to the hands. You can sprinkle more flour if you think the dough is too sticky. The dough should not be stiff by any chance.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let it sit for proofing for 30 to 40 mins inside a oven. ( Heat the oven for 10 seconds before keeping the dough inside.)
- After 30 mins, the dough will rise and double in size.
- Sprinkle flour on the plain surface or on to a wooden board. Place the dough on top of flour dusted surface, sprinkle some more flour on top.Roll it out evenly without giving much pressure into a rectangle shape.
- The edges should be around 2mm thicknes.
- Now in a bowl mix together, 1/4 cup of sugar with 2tbsp cinnamon powder . Spread 4 tbsp of softened butter on the surfaces evenly.
- Sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mix uniformly on top.
- Now tightly roll it and form into cylindrical form.
- Divide and cut into equal size rolls and place them into the baking casserole.Keep it inside the oven for another 30 mins.
- Now take it oute and apply melted butter all over and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins at 180°C.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 mins.
- You can serve it as it is or apply some butter and top with icing or condensed milk.