Creating recipes is always fun. I always love to play with my ingredients and end up making a innovative recipe most of the times. There is some big hits and failures at times, but everything is an experience after all. We learn from our mistakes and so do in cooking we always learn by improving.
Here I am presenting one such recipe which I prepared recently for dinner . I call it as tomatilo pasta because the key ingredient which stands out in this recipe is tomatoes. So here’s a pasta recipe, for the tangy and spicy tastebuds.
Checkout the detailed recipe below
Preparation time:10 mins
Cooking time:20 mins
- Pasta: 1 packet / 250 g
- White onions:1/2 finely chopped
- Bell Pepper : 1/2 cup chopped
- Garlic:1 tsp finely chopped
- Crushed tomatoes: 1 cup
- Sundried tomatoes: 3 to 4 chunks
- Sundried tomato oil:2tsp
- All spice powder: 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper: 1tsp crushed
- Salt: to taste
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese: 1tbsp grated
- Basil leaves: for garnishing
- Cook pasta till al dente. You can use any variety of pasta for this particular recipe. I have used Fettuccine here. Drain the pasta once cooked and set aside.
- Heat a wok, add olive oil and the oil from sun dried tomatoes ( 1tsp).
- Add chopped garlic and toss for few seconds.
- Add onions and slightly sweat them. Next add in the bell peppers.
- When the bell peppers start to become soft, add the crushed tomatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, cooked pasta and salt to taste. Mix gently. Cover and cook on low flame for 5 to 6 mins.
- Finally add a tsp more of sun dried tomato oil and cheese and garnish with basil leaves before serving.