Breakfasts seem to be more inviting when it looks presentable and tastes versatile. When we have same kind of food everyday specially for breakfast its pretty boring , isn’t it? At least I feel that way so I try not to repeat the same food more than twice in a week especially with the oatmeal.
Today I had prepared a toast sandwich for breakfast, which was very filling, tasty and simple to prepare. I thought of sharing it here and I hope you guys make it and enjoy with your family or by yourself.
Let’s checkout the recipe below and let me know you feedback in the comments below or if you make this recipe you can share it in Instagram and take me there @pcn_homechef.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Whole grain bread: 4 slices
- Eggs: 4
- White onions: 1 sliced
- Mushrooms: 3 Cups sliced
- Black pepper powder: 1tsp crushed or for taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Balsamic vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Black sesame seeds: 2 tsp
- Mint Chutney: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add 2tbsp olive oil. Add onions and let it sweat for a minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 mins, when the colour starts changing, add salt and black pepper and turn the heat to medium high and toss for 5 to 6 mins or till mushrooms start to shrink in size.
- Meanwhile break open the eggs into a bowl, beat them well by adding the turmeric powder and some salt to taste. Heat a pan, add a tbsp of oil, pour around 1/4 cup of beaten egg mix into the pan , quickly place a bread slice on the egg mix and turn the bread and place the other side on egg. Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top.
- Flip and cook the bread for another minute. Remove from pan and repeat the same for remaining three slices.
- Returning to the mushrooms, add balsamic vinegar and toss for few seconds and switch off the heat.
- Now for assembling the sand which, Place a toasted bread slice, spread a tbsp of mint chutney, top it with the caramelised mushrooms, cover with another bread slice. Repeat the same for other 2 slices and its ready to serve.