Salads play an important role when you follow a healthy lifestyle. And you don’t wanna eat that same kind of salad most of the days and feel bored. While we get bored eating something we might give up on it. So my tactic is to make the salads more interesting, delicious and versatile.
In this Salad, I have used apple as a main ingredients, mixed it with some spices and salad leaves , poured the dressing and threw in lots of seeds and nuts which makes the salad, crunchy, sweet and spicy.
Let’s Checkout the detailed recipe below, Do let me know if you like the recipe; I will be sharing more such recipes in future.
Preparation time: 5 mins
- Apple: 1 chopped
- Red onion: 1/2 finely chopped
- Garlic: 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Salad Leaves: 2 cups
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Golden / Maple syrup: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil: 1/3 cup
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Pink salt: to taste
- Black pepper: freshly cracked to taste
- Walnuts: few
- Pumpkin seeds: 1tsp
- Sunflower seeds: 1tsp
- Cottage cheese: 1tbsp
- To prepare the dressing: Mix together olive oil, lime juice, golden syrup, apple cider vinegar in a closed small container or a small bowl and keep aside.
- Mix together chopped apples,onions,garlic and salad leaves. Pour the dressing on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top it with nuts and seeds and sprinkle some crumbled cottage cheese and serve.