This recipe is my contribution to the healthy toast recipes. It’s ideal for any day lunch or dinner.And as I always say I love colours in my food and I try to add more of colourful veggies. Food is accepted not only with the taste or aroma but also by how presentable it is.
I have served this as solid food with red team roast as sides , you can serve it the same way with any kind of roasts or as it is.
I will mention the recipe of red yam roast as well in the detailed recipe below. Let’s checkout the recipe and do let me know if you like the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Tuna canned : 1 can ( 400g)
- Potato: 2 medium size boiled
- Parsley: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt: to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salad leaves: 2 cups
- Cherry tomatoes: few chopped
- Sourdough bread: 2 thick slices
- Olive oil: 1tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 1tbsp
- Lime juice: 1tsp
- Egg: 1 beaten
- Bread Crumbs: 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil: 4tbsp
- For the Tuna patty: Add the tuna chunks into a bowl ( do not add the oil or water in the can), grate the boiled potatoes, season with salt and pepper and finally add parsley leaves and mix well.
- Divide this into 2 balls and flatten slightly between palms.
- Heat a skillet for shallow frying the patties, meanwhile keep the beaten egg and bread crumbs ready.
- Add oil and when the oil is heated, Dip the patty in egg first and then roll in the bread crumbs or coat with bread crumbs and place the patties onto the skillet. Cook on medium flame flipping till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- While the patty is cooking, Toast the bread ( You can use any bread of your choice).
- In a bowl mix together the salad leaves with a dressing of olive oil,apple cider vinegar and lime juice and divide and top the salad leaves on the toasted bread. Also add some cherry tomatoes.
- When the patty is cooked well remove from skillet and place it on the salad leaves and drizzle some mayonnaise on top and serve with your favourite sides.
- Here I have served it with roasted red yam , Washed the yams and dried them. Made a dressing of olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup, Chilli flakes and salt , mixed this on to the yams and oven roasted this in a preheated oven for 20 mins at 180 degree C. Garnish with some mint leaves.
Hope you like the recipe. Enjoy !!