Korma is typically a dish cooked with meat or vegetables in creamy base. Navratan Korma is a type of Korma popular in Indian Cuisine. “ Navratan “ means nine jewels , hence this curry is prepared using 9 different main ingredients which is a combination of veggies and nuts.
This dish is on sweeter side and is very rich and creamy. Tastes best with Naan breads or rice too. Let’s Checkout the detailed recipe below.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Onions: 2 roughly chopped
- Cauliflower: 1 cup
- Carrots: 1 cubed
- French beans: 1 cup chopped
- Frozen peas: 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms: 1 cup chopped
- Corn kernels: 1/2 cup
- Cashews: 3/4 cup
- Almonds: few
- Fresh Cream: 1/2 cup
- Green chillies: 2
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 3/4 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Ghee / clarified butter: 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil: 3 tbsp
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Boil onions, cashews, garlic and green chillies with some salt and water till onions turn soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile boil the veggies with some salt to taste for around 7 to 8 mins ( You can add veggies like baby corns and paneer too).
- Blend together the onion and cashews into fine paste.
- Heat a skillet, add ghee and oil. Add the ground paste and sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well for another 2 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water and check for salt and add if required.
- Next add in the veggies and mix well. Let the veggies cook with the spices and gravy for around 5 mins.
- Finally add the fresh cream and cook for around a minute and turn off the heat.
- Heat a pan, add butter , let it melt and add chopped cashews and almonds. When the nuts turn golden brown add this to the korma and mix.