This Potato recipe is one of my favourites and a saviour during busy days . I love everything with potatoes in it and I keep trying different recipes with it. This is one such experimental recipe which came out to be perfect.
There’s no fancy or complex ingredients needed to make this potato fry. Everything comes in handy in ur kitchen pantry. Serve this with rice , rotis or breads and it would be good side dish to serve along.
Let’s Checkout the detailed recipe below
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Potatoes: 3 medium sized
- Onion: 1/2 finely chopped
- Kashmiri Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder: 3/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into thick round slices. Try not to make it very thick.
- Heat a tawa/ cast iron pan. Add oil. When the oil is sufficiently hot add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garlic powder. Quickly toss for few seconds and add the onions.
- Saute the onions well with spices till it turns soft.
- Next add in the potatoes with some salt and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 mins. Keep stirring intermittently.
- Open the lid and check if the potatoes are cooked, if not cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add pepper and mix well. Finally finish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Do share your feedback in comments if you try this recipe or you can even take me on Instagram @pcn_homechef.