Sautéed mushrooms is a common dish prepared by the sauteeing of sliced or whole edible mushrooms. Butter is typically used when sauteeing the dish, and cooking oils such as olive oil and canola oil are also used. The dish is typically cooked for over a high heat until the mushrooms are browned, with the oil or butter being very hot in a pan before the mushrooms are added. Overcooking may create an inferior dish by the causing the mushrooms to lose moisture and becoming shriveled.
The dish is flavored with various herbs and seasonings, salt and pepper.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Edible mushrooms: 1 1/2 cups chopped
- Garlic cloves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Pepper powder: 1 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Butter / olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Wash and clean mushrooms.
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces or you can even slice it vertically.
- Heat a wok, add butter or olive oil.
- Add garlic and toss for a minute.
- Now add the chopped mushrooms and saute in high flame .
- Add salt and pepper powder and toss for 7 to 8 mins.
- Do not overcook mushrooms.
- Serve hot as side dish or as starter.