Madakku Dosa or wheat dosa with a sweet coconut filling is my Mom’s recipe I made recently and thought of sharing it here. She used to make this for breakfast and we have this with banana slices on side and black tea.
The filling here is of grated coconut with some condiments and its layered in between the dosa. For this dosa a combination of wheat flour and plain flour is used in a ratio of 2:1 and mixed with egg which makes the dosa soft and crispy.
Let’s checkout the detailed recipe below and do share your feedback if you try this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
- Wheat Flour: 1.5 cups
- Plain Flour / Maida: 0.5 cup
- Egg: 1 no.
- Salt: 1tsp
- Water: as required
- Grated Coconut: 2 cups
- Grated Jaggery: 3/4 cup
- Green cardamom: 3 to 4 crushed
- Black sesame seeds: 1tsp
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg Powder: 1/4 tsp
- For the Filling mix together all the ingredients mentioned under “ For Filling” above in a bowl and set aside.
- For the wheat dosa batter, mix together the flours with egg and salt and add water gradually. The batter should be slightly loose but not very runny.
- Once the batter is ready, heat a tawa or pan. For wheat dosa the temperature should be maintained on medium low heat ( this is to avoid dosa sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- Grease the pan with oil, pour a ladle full of batter and spread the batter to a big circle.
- Flip and cook both sides, next layer generous amount of coconut filling on the inner side along the center.
- Cover the dosa in half and transfer to a plate. Repeat the same with the remaining batter and filling.
- Enjoy with some sliced bananas and tea.
Thank you 🙂