DIWALI ( the Festival of Lights ) is around the corner and the best thing about this festival is sweets. Every household which celebrates Diwali prepares lots of sweets and savoury snacks and its distributed among the friends and family.
I have started making the sweets and savouries already and started off with this Dry Fruit Ladoos ( Sweet balls), they are very easy to prepare and ready in almost 30 mins. You can use any dry fruits that you prefer which is handy and in stock. Let’s checkout the detailed recipe below. Do let me know the feedback in comments below if you try this recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 mins
YIELD: 12 TO 14 NOS.
- Dates (pitted): 1/2 cup chopped
- Cashews: 1/2 cup
- Almonds: 1/2 cup
- Walnuts: 1/2 cup
- Pistachios: 1/2 cup
- Raisins: 2tbsp
- Cherries: 1 tbsp chopped
- Desiccated coconut: 1 n 1/2 cup
- Ghee: 2tbsp
- Jaggery: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 2tbsp
- Coarsely grind the nuts and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in desiccated coconut (1 cup), jaggery, raisins, ghee and milk.
- Combine all the ingredients and grease your palms with oil or ghee.
- Take small lemon sized amount of the mix and make it into small round balls and repeat it with the remaining mix.
- Roll the balls in the remaining desiccated coconut and you can store the ladoos in an airtight container.