For Biriyani masala:
- Shahi jeera-1 tsp
- fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- cinamon stick-2 to 3 (1/2 inch)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- salt- for taste
- chilli powder-1 to 2 tsp
- biriyani masala – 2 tsp
- fried onions-1/2 cup
- green chillies- 2 finely chopped
- lime juice-1/2 lemon
- mint leaves-1/4 cup
- yogurt-2 tbsp
- Prawns-1/4 kg
- basmati rice-1 cup (soaked in water for 30 mins)
How to prepare:
- Roast all the ingredients under biriyani masala and grind it to powder .
- Marinate prawns by mixxing all the ingredients under marination.refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Heat water in a vessel.Add bay leaf,cloves,cinamon sticks,cardamom,shahi jera,enough salt,few mint leaves,little oil and 1 tsp biriyani masala and mix it.
- Bring the water to boil.Add soaked rice to it.Cook for 4-5 minutes.Drain and keep rice aside.
- In another vessel,heat oil,Add the marinated prawns to it and spread evenly in the bottom layer.
- On top of it layer the cooked rice and sprinkle few fried onions,mint leaves on top and cover and cook on high flame for 10 mins.And then cook it on low flame for sometime.
- Turn the flame off, do not open the lid immediately.let it rest for 30 mins and then open.