Raw mango or tender mango is the most popular variety of fruit used for pickling. There are multiple variety of mango pickles prepared depending on the region and the spices used . Here I have posted kerala style mango pickle recepie.
Preparatiin Time : 1 hr 15 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Raw Mango: 3 medium sized
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Red chilli powder: 4 tbsp
- Asoefetida powder: 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder: a pinch
- Vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Water: 1/4 cup
- Dry red chilli : 1
- Gingelly oil: 3 tbsp
- Wash and clean mangoes.
- Chop mangoes into small pieces.
- Marinate it with salt and turmeric powder and keep it for an hour.
- After 1 hour, add red chilli powder, asoefitida powder and fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and dry red chilli and saute for a minute.
- Pour this into the mango mixture.
- Mix well for 2 to 3 mins.
- In the same wok add 1 tbsp vinegar with 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Pour this to the mango mixture and mix well.
- Let it cool completely and store in air tight container.
- While selecting mangoes , see to it that you buy mangoes which are not too raw and neither too ripe.
- You can adjust spice level accordingly.