Dora cake is a popular pancake made in japan known as dorayaki.
Dorayaki are pancakes named after it’s shape that is a replica of dora (Japanese name for gong). The fluffy pancakes are like sandwich where a mixture of bean paste is used as the filling but here i have given my own innovation by using peanut butter and honey. You can even use chocolate spread or any flavoured jam.
Its a very easy to make breakfast and snack recepie; do try it !
Preparatiin time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Yield: 6 to 7
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Eggs: 2
- Milk: 1large cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Peanut butter: for filling
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- In a bowl mix wheat flour and baking soda.
- Take another bowl and beat eggs, to this add sugar and milk.Mix well . You can even add powdered sugar.
- Add the wheat flour mix into the beaten egg mixture by mixing simultaneously so that no lumps are formed.
- Add vanila essence and honey to this and mix well.
- The consistency should be semi thick after proper mixing.
- If its too thick you can add more milk.
- Now heat a non stick pan, spread little oil and drop a laddle full of batter from top, do not spread. It will flow on its own.
- Cook on medium flame.
- When small circles start appearing flip the pancake and cook for another 2 minutes.
- It should become light brown in colour.
- Now you can spread peanut butter in centre of a pancake and close it with another pancake like a sandwhich.
- Tastes yummy if had immediately.