Korma roti, is a regional Rajasthani crispy paratha/flatbread made with green moond dal and wheat flour, with the other spices and condiments.
Preparation time: 2 to 3 hours
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Green moong dal: 1 cup
- Wheat flour: 2 cups
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Hing : 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coarsely grind moong dal and soak it in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, add soaked moong dal , wheat flour, red chilli pwdr, turmeric pwdr, salt, ajwain, hing and little water and knead into a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Now roll it like you roll for chapatis.
- You can either make it big like chapatis or small like puris.
- Heat a tawa, spread little oil and put the roti into the tawa.
- Press it with the laddle and flip and cook both sides.
- Serve with any curry or pickle.