After a long time tried baking chocolate cake as i wanted to dedicate it for somone special for his birthday. Made with soo much love , it has turned out to be a lovely , fluffy and delicious cake. I was not much intrested with the baking part earlier but now I think i have started loving it. And I will come out with more cake recepie . Stay connected !
Preparation time : 15 to 20 mins
Cooking time : 40 mins
- All purpose flour / maida : 2 cups
- Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Chocolate powder/ syrup: 2 tbsp
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup
- Butter : 100 gm
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk: 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Salt: a pinch
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE :
- Dark chocolate : 150 gm
- Whipped cream : 3/4 cup
FOR DECORATING CAKE :
- Choco chips : few
- Grated chocolate : few
- Sprinkles: few of your choice
- I have made this cake in pressure cooker , you can even bake it in oven.
- Pre heat the pressure cooker with salt spread at the bottom and lid just covered.
- Meanwhile prepare the cake batter.
- First we need to take all the dry ingredients in a bowl one by one.
- First goes the all purpose flour, then the baking powder, cocoa powder, chocolate powder and finally baking soda. Just give a mix and keep aside.
- Now we are going to mix the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl add melted butter and whisk it with a hand whisker or electric whisker.
- To this add powder sugar and whisk well.
- Add milk and condensed milk and mix . Do not add the milk altogether. Initially add half milk and see if the consistency is ok if not you can add more.
- Now add salt and vanilla essence and whisk properly .
- Add the dry ingredients mix that we have kept aside to this partly and whisk it combining all the ingredients.
- Once its whisked well, grease a cake tray with butter or oil.
- Pour the batter into the tray.
- Keep a stand on to the spread salt inside the cooker.
- Keep the cake tray on this stand.
- Now close the lid of the cooker but without the whistle.
- Cook on medium to low flame for 40 mins.
- After 40 mins switch off the flame and with the help of a toothpick check if the cake is cooked properly. ( when you insert and take the toothpick out it should be clean without any batter sticking to it.)
- Let the cake cool for 10 to 15 mins before removing from the try.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- In a bowl add whipped cream and dark chocolate pieces , either microwave or heat it for 30 secs.
- Now whisk it well till it becomes smooth and fluffy.
- Keep it for 5 mins.
- Keep the cake on top of a plate.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake so that it spreads evenly to all sides.
- Decorate it with choco chips , grated chocolate and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the cake for sometime before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.