Capsicum or shimla mirch masala is a spicy side dish in Indian cuisine. The gravy is a thick paste made by blending roasted peanuts as base , with other spices and condiments.
Preparation time: 5 to 7 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Capsicum: 2 medium size cubed
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Peanuts: 1/2 cup
- Garlic: 5 to 6 cloves chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Dry red chilli : 2
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Dry roast peanuts and dry red chilli.
- Let it cool for 3 to 4 mins.
- Grind it to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add garlic and toss.
- Add onion and saute till it becomes light brown.
- Now add the cubed capsicum pieces along with salt and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Once capsicum becomes tender and crisp add turmeric powder , red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well by adding little water.
- Add the peanut paste to this and mix well.
- Add 1/ 2 cup water and cook for 5 mins till the gravy thickens.
- Check for salt at this stage.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis, chapatis or naan.
You must log in to post a comment.