Lemon rice is a versatile recepie ; southindian special and great for tiffins and lunch boxes. Its very easy to prepare. You can even make it with leftover rice.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Boiled rice : 4 to 5 cups
- Peanuts: 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies: 2
- Ginger: 1 tsp chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Urad dal : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 big lemon
- Salt: for taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Boil rice , drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, let it crackle.
- Add dry red chilli , curry leaves, urad dal , green chillies and peanuts and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix.
- Add the boiled rice and mix well.
- Add lime juice of 1 lemon and salt and give it a proper mix.
- Switch off the flame and keep it for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with pickle and papad.