Rajma Masala is a NorthIndian dish made using kidney beans/ red beans. The most popular combination for this is Rice ; Rajma Chawal is one of the delicious and favourite food of Northindians specially.
It is very easy to make, you just need to soak thr kidney beans overnight or for 4 to 5 hours.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Red kidney beans: 1 cup
- Onion: 2 medium size
- Tomatoes: 2 small size
- Garlic cloves: 4 to 5
- Ginger: a small piece
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Soak the kidney beans overnight or for 4 to 5 hours.
- Pressure cook the soaked rajma for 5 to 6 whistles or till its cooked well. It should just be soft not mushy.
- Blend together onion, garlic and ginger into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Noe blend the tomatoes to a finee puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- Add the ground onion paste and saute for 2 to 3 mins till it turns golden brown and the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for another 2 mins.
- Now add all the dry spice powders and mix well.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add the cooked rajma alomd with the residual water and mix.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency.
- Let it cook for another 5 mins.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve along with rice or roti.
You must log in to post a comment.