I love exploring different types of healthy salads and make it in my own way. Few days back I had been to a resto and I ordered a Pasta Green Salad. I loved it, and I decided to make the same in my own way for breakfast today. Its very easy to prepare. You can make it with store bought Italian dressing or homemade. I made the dressing at home itself. You can even add pasta and veggies of your choice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- Pasta : 1 cup ( I have used penne pasta)
- Brocolli florets: 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper: 1/4 cup chopped
- Yellow bell pepper: 1/4 cup chopped
- Olives: 4 to 5
For Italian Dressing:
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Fresh or dried garlic: 1 tsp
- Oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Thyme: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Black pepper powder: a pinch
- Red chilli flakes: 1/4 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Boil pasta in water with little salt for 5 to 6 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare italian dressing by mixing together all the items mentioned above under ‘Italian Dressing’.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add normal water and drain again.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil to pasta and mix so that they do not stick.
- Now in a bowl mix together pasta, veggies and italian dressing and refrigerate for 10 mins and serve.