CHEESY NACHO BASKET .. this is an innovative recepie.. Nachos which is usually prepared of cornmeal is made here using wheat flour and potatoes , the salsa is made using tomatoes and few spices n herbs and its placed in a basket / katori made with spicy grated potato.
Preparation time :30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
For Nachos :
•Wheat flour : 1/2 cup
•Potato : 1 boiled and mashed
•Salt: 1/2 tsp
•Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
•Ajwain / carom seeds: 1/4 tsp crushed
•Oil : 2 tbsp
For Salsa :
• Ripened Tomatoes : 2 finely chopped
• Red chilli flakes: 1 tsp
• Dried oregano: 1/2 tsp
• Coriander leaves : 1 tsp finely chopped
• Honey : 1 tsp
• Salt : 1/2 tsp
For Potato Basket :
• Potato : 2 big grated
• red chilli.powder: 1 tsp
• Salt: 1/4 tsp
• Oil : 1 cup for deep frying
Cheese : 1 cup for plating
•First to prepare Nachos , Make a semi soft dough using wheat flour, boiled and mashed potatoes , turmeric powder, ajwain, salt, oil and little water. Keep the dough aside.
• To prepare Salsa , In a bowl mix together tomatoes, chilli flakes, dried oregano, honey, coriander leaves and salt. Mash it using a spoon and keep aside.
•Now make small balls out of the prepared dough, roll it out like chapatis. Cut it into 8 equal parts to form small triangle shaped nachos.
• Heat oil in a kadai, deep fry the nachos till they turns crisp and golden brown.
Drain and keep aside.
• To prepare Potato basket , You will need a deep medium sized oil strainer spoon. Mix salt and red chilli powder in grated potato and arrange it in the spoon like a deep basket.
• Heat the same oil used for frying Nachos.Immerse the arranged strainer with potato in hot oil for 2 to 3 mins till it gets fried from all sides.
• Remove from oil , Tap it from behind and remove it into a plate.
•For serving arrange the potato baskets in a serving dish , Layer it with salsa and add grated cheese on top. Arrange the Fried nachos on sides of the basket and serve.