This khichdi is different from the usual khichdi which we make. I have made this using only veggies and whole garam masala without any spice powders or masala. Its very simple to make and delicious too. Do try the recepie and give me your feedback.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Basmati / kolam rice : 1 cup
- French beans : 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrots: 1/2 cup chopped
- Green peas : 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 sliced
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Green chilli : 2 slit
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cinnamon stick : 1 small
- Star anise : 1
- Shahi jeera / cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom : 1
- Salt: for taste
- Ghee : 2 tbsp
- Soak rice in water for 15 mins.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add whole garam masala spices ( bay leaf, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel seeds and cumin seeds).
- Toss for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add veggies and salt and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice and toss for a minute.
- Add 3 cups of water and stir.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure come down on its own amd then open the lid and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.