Lunch meal prep on busy working days is really relaxing when you have recepies like this. Very easy to make and delicious southindian food. Curd soaked in boiled white rice and seasoned with few spices and condiments is a filling and delicious lunch idea.
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- Rice : 2 cups cooked
- Curd: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Split urad dal: 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies: 2
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Curry leaves: 3 to 4 sprigs
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp chopped
- Asoefitida: 1/2 tsp
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Cook white rice ; it should be more tender than normal.
- Add cooked rice into a bowl , mash it partly.
- Beat the curd well and add this to the rice. Add milk and salt and mix well .
- Heat a kadai, add ghee.
- To this add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, split urad dal. Let it crackle.
- Add dry red chillies, curry leaves, green chillies and asoefitida.
- Add mixed curd rice to the kadai and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and give it a mix.