Helo dears, today I am back with another cutlet recepie which is very innovative and delicious. I got this idea from my MIL and I wasn’t sure about how Jackfruit Seed will taste after getting deep fried. And believe me guys, this cutlet will beat the meat cutlet; It is very yummy and filling too.
Another thing is that if you ask anyone to guess this cutlet no person can find out the main ingredient. Try out the recepie and do give me your valuable feedback.
Let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time : 1 hr
Serves: 30 nos
- Chakkakuru / Jackfruit seeds: 2 cups
- Potato: 3 boiled
- Onion: 2 large finely chopped
- Green chillies: 3 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Eggs: 2 beaten
- Bread crumbs: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tbsp
- Fennel seed powder: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : few chopped
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Salt: for taste
- Coconut oil: 1 cup
- Wash and clean Jackfruit seeds.
- Pressure cook the seeds for 1 whistle so that the skin comes off easily.
- Peel off the skin and transfer this into a jar and coarsely ground it.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan, add ginger and toss
- Add onions, green chilli and little salt and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add all dry spice powders and give it a proper mix.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add this to the pan.
- Add coarsely ground Jackfruit seeds and mix well till everything is combined well with the masala.
- Add salt, curry leaves and coriander leaves and give a final mix.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside for cooling.
- Roll the masala into any desired shape and keep it in refrigerator for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the rolled cutlets in egg first and then roll it out in bread crumbs.
- Drop this one by one into the oil and deep fry.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
You must log in to post a comment.