Kappa Puttu or Kolli Puttu is steam cake made using Tapioca. Puttu is usually made using rice flour and grated coconut mixture. There are various innovations to this recepie and Kappa Puttu is one of them.
In this recepie I havent used rice flour, Just the grated Tapioca alone.Its very simple and quick recepie to make for breakfast or during snack time. And it tastes yum with banana and papadam or any non vegetarian side dish.
Let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 5 mins
- Kappa / Tapioca: 1 medium size
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Freshly Grated coconut: 3/4 cup
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Peel the skin of Kappa / Tapioca , wash and clean properly.
- Grate the Tapioca leaving the thick fibre behind.
- Mix 3 tbsp grated coconut, cumin seeds and salt.
- Mix thoroughly using hands.
- Transfer this to Puttu maker and add little grated coconut on top and steam for 5 mins.
- Remove from flame and transfer into serving plate.