Parathas are the soul food of North Indians. There are many varieties of parathas , cabbage Paratha being a common one. The best thing about parathas are that it can be had as it is without any side dish.
Yoghurt and pickles are the best combination for parathas. The filling can be modified according to our taste.
Let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Cabbage: 1/2 medium sized
- Onions: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic green chilli paste: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Ajwain : 1/2 tsp
- Salt: for taste
- Coriander leaves : few chopped
- Ghee: as required
- Knead together wheat flour with little salt and sufficient water and keep aside.
- Heat sufficient water to dip the cabbage for blanching.
- Keep in hot water for 2 mins, remove and drop in cold water.
- Remove from cold water and finely chop the cabbage.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- Add onions and salt and saute till it turns soft.
- Add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and mix well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add all the dry spice powders and mix well. Sprinkle little water and combine all the masalas.
- Add chopped cabbage and mix well.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Divide the wheat dough into small portions.
- Roll it out a little , keep the cabbage filling in centre , close it from all sides and flatten it out slowly without tearing.
- Spread dry wheat flour to avoid tearing.
- Heat a tawa, add the rolled paratha to the tawa.
- Apply ghee on both sides and cook all the parathas similarly.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle.
You must log in to post a comment.