Kappa or Cassava is a root or tuber grown below the soil. It is a fibrous product and tastes delicious when cooked. It can be boiled and had with spicy chutney or made into semi gravy form and had with any non vegetarian gravy.
In this recepie , I have boiled the Kappa and smashed it and tempered with spices. Let’s check out the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Kappa / Cassava: 1 kg chopped
- Shallots : 10 to 12
- Garlic : 3 cloves
- Curry leaves: few
- Red Chilli flakes: 1 tbsp
- Urad dal / white lentils: 1tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Fresh grated coconut: 1 cup
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Boil or pressure cook Kappa with turmeric powder and salt till it gets tender and soft.
- Drain the water and mash it .
- Crush together shallots , red chilli flakes and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add crushed shallots , chilli flakes and garlic and toss for a minute. Add curry leaves.
- To this add freshly grated coconut and toss.
- Finally add the mashed Kappa and mix well with the prepared masala.
- Check for salt,add some if required. Add some more curry leaves and give it a final mix .
You must log in to post a comment.