Pazhampori,a traditional snack of Kerala is prepared using Ripe plantain but here I have substituted it with Dole Bananas as the raw plantains are not available easily at our place.
Very easy to prepare with few ingredients. Let’s checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Dole Bananas: 3
- Plain flour: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Black sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Oil:1 cup for frying
- Peel the skin and slice bananas into thin rectangle pieces.
- Prepare batter by mixing together flour,salt,sugar,turme turn, baking soda and black sesame seeds.
- Heat oil for frying.
- When oil gets heated, add a teaspoon of hot oil to the batter and mix.
- Dip the banana slices in the batter and drop into the oil.
- Deep fry till both sides turn golden brown.
- Drain and remove from oil. Serve hot.