Helo dears, back to blogging after some days. I had prepared too many dishes to post on blog but unfortunately couldn’t upload on time. But since I am back to blogging now will be doing it regularly.
Here I have come up with Beef stew recepie.. It’s different than the normal stew preparation as we don’t add any spice powders,it’s cooked completely in whole spices. I have just added black pepper powder while boiling beef just to avoid the raw smell of the meat after getting cooked.
So let’s checkout the recepie below
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Beef: 1/2 kg
- Onions: 1 large sliced
- Ginger: 1 tbsp julienned
- Garlic: 1 tbsp sliced
- Green chillies: 3 to 4 slit
- Carrots: 1 cup cubed
- French beans: 1/2 cup cubed
- Potatoes: 1 peeled and cubed
- Cinnamon: 1 small stick
- Green cardamom: 3 to 4
- Cloves: 3 to 4
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns: 1 tsp
- Star anise: 1
- Thin coconut milk: 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk: 1 cup
- Cashew paste: 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt: as per taste
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Pressure cook the beef with salt and black pepper powder for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the whole spices ( cardamom,fennel seeds,cinnamon stick,cloves and star anise) and toss for a minute.
- Add ginger ,garlic,green chillies and curry leaves and toss for a minute.
- Add onions with little salt and saute till it becomes soft.
- To this add all the veggies and saute till it gets tender.
- Add the boiled beef once veggies get cooked and saute for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add thin coconut milk and cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Open the lid and add cashew paste and thick coconut milk and switch off the flame.
- Keep it covered for some time before serving.