It’s Vinayaka Chaturthi today, and I miss my home back at Mumbai very badly. As the celebration is not the same everywhere. But I managed to prepare a sweet for Lord Ganesha as neivedyam ( offering) . Modak is Lord Ganeshas favourite sweet which is usually prepared with rice flour dough but I have substituted it with wheat flour. The filling is made in rich flavour of ghee which enhances the taste of this recepie.
Let’s checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 15 nos
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Fresh grated coconut: 1 cup
- Ghee: 4 tbsp
- Cashew nuts: 2 tbsp broken
- Raisins: 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Jaggery: 1/2 cup grated
- Salt: a pinch
- Water: as required
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Prepare dough by mixing together wheat flour,salt and oil with water as required.
- To prepare the filling,heat a pan,add ghee to it.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins and toss till it browns.
- Next add grated coconut and saute till it starts to brown.
- Add grated jaggery and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside for cooling.
- Roll out the dough into small poori size,place a tbsp of filling on centre and make pleated and seal it on top.
- Steam this for 15 mins and remove from steamer and keep it for 5 mins before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.