MOONG DAL TADKA …. Boiled yellow lentils with turmeric and salt and tempered with lots of cumin seeds,garlic and other spices… I love Dal curry with lots of garlic and cumin seeds in it,this makes the curry more delicious and aromatic.
Those who avoid having dal curries just because it leads to bloating can switch to preparing it with moong dal which compared to Toor dal doesn’t cause bloating.
Serve this delicious dal with hot steamed rice and pickle and enjoy your meal.
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Moong dal: 1 n 1/2 cups
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tbsp+ 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tbsp
- Asoefitida powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp + 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies: 3
- Coriander leaves: few chopped
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Pressure cook moong dal with turmeric powder , salt and 4 cups of water for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure come down , keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds,let it splutter.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Toss for few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till they turn brown.
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and coriander leaves and saute till they become soft and mushy.
- Pour the cooked dal into the pan, add more hot water to adjust the consistency.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Heat oil and butter for tempering, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds,let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and toss.
- Finally add coriander leaves, dry red chillies and Chilli Powder and mix and pour this over the prepared dal.
LIKE | SHARE| COMMENT if you like the recepie.