Beefum Kappa Roast / Beef n Cassava Roast is a Kerala special recepie wherein beef and cassava is cooked with lots of spices and then dry roasted with lots of black pepper powder.. Spicy , juicy and delicious combination to have with Kerala Parotta 😍😍
In this recepie while cooking Beef we are not adding any water and the spices are mixed with hands along with before and Kappa and then cooked. This adds on more taste.
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Beef : 1/2 kg
- Kappa/Cassava: 1/2 kg chopped into small pieces
- Onions: 4 large sliced
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Curd: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tbsp
- Meat masala powder: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 2 tbsp
- Salt: as required
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- *Mix together beef,Kappa, ginger garlic paste, green chillies,salt,all dry spice powders. Add just 1/2 tbsp of black pepper powder and 2 sliced onions. Mix them well with hands.
- Pressure cook without adding water for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure come down, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds,let it splutter.
- Add remaining sliced onions and saute till they turn light brown.
- Now add the cooked beef and Kappa to the wok. Add curd and mix well.
- Keep stirring intermittently till it completely becomes dry roasted.
- Also keep adding black pepper powder little by little and toss well.
- Finally add some curry leaves and switch off the flame.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie.