Vermicelli Upma is a different and easy to make recepie for breakfast. You can add any veggies of your choice and make it filling , bcoz of which it’s healthy too.
If you wanna pack it for lunch or kids tiffin box, this goes well for that.
Lets checkout the recepie below 👇
Checkout the recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Vermicelli: 2 cups roasted
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Veggies: 1 cup ( your choice)
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed: 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Ginger: 1 tsp finely chopped
- Green chilli: 2 finely chopped
- Curry leaves: few
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 3/4 tsp
- Asoefitida powder: 1/4 tsp *Salt: for taste
- Hot water: 4 cups
- Heat a wok, add 1 tbsp ghee .
- Add mustard seeds when ghee melts, let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and asoefitida powder and toss.
- Add turmeric powder and toss well.
- Add onions, green chillies,curry leaves and ginger and saute till onions turn soft.
- Add chopped veggies of your choice and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add hot water ,salt,1 tbsp ghee and lime juice and let it boil.
- Add the roasted vermicelli when the water starts boiling. Keep stirring constantly.
- Mix till all the water dries up.
- Switch off the flame and serve immediately..
You must log in to post a comment.