Kerala style spicy CHICKEN CURRY.. blend of whole spices and condiments in nice aromatic , creamy and spicy gravy prepared in pure Coconut oil..
Checkout the Recepie below 👇 :
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- Chicken: 1 kg
- Onions: 4 finely sliced
- Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
- Coconut slices: 1 cup
- Ginger garlic : 1 tbsp crushed
- Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
- Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Marinate chicken pieces with black pepper powder,red chilli powder, salt and keep for 10 to 15 mins .
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, shallow fry the chicken pieces till it turns golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a wok, add crushed ginger garlic and toss.
- Add fennel seeds and toss for 10 secs.
- Add sliced onions, curry leaves and salt and saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add the dry spice powders and mix well. Add 1/4 cup of hot water and mix the masalas well.
- Add coconut slices and toss.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cover and cook till they turn mushy. Keep stirring intermittently.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the gravy and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and cover and cook for 15 mins on medium to low flame.
- Finally add some coconut oil and curry leaves on top and keep it covered for sometime before serving.