BAINGAN BARTHA … One of my favourites in the NorthIndian cuisine..
For the ones who arents aware of , BAINGAN barta is a side dish prepared using roasted Eggplants which is mashed and prepared into tangy and spicy gravy .
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- Baingan / Eggplants: 2 large
- Garlic: 4 to 5 cloves whole + 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Onions: 2 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 2 tsp
- *Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Pre heat the oven . Rub oil on all surface of eggplant.
- Make deep slits on Eggplants, infuse peeled garlic cloves and transfer to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Roast in oven for 20 mins at 220°C. When done,remove from oven,let it cool down and peel off the skin .Mash it well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds , let it crackle.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies, toss well.
- Add onions and saute till it turns light brown. Add all the dry spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add the mashed eggplants along with the garlic to the gravy and give it a mix.
- Add some hot water and cover and cook on medium flame for 10 mins.
- Finally sprinkle some coriander leaves and give it a mix.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
LIKE | SHARE | COMMENT if you like the recepie.