Vindaloo is an authentic Spicy and Tangy Goan dish. The spicy masala is prepared by blending together the dry red chillies with Indian spices and condiments along with vinegar which gives the Tangy taste to the recepie.
In the authentic Goan dish , Fenny (Cooking wine)is used which adds on more flavour to the dish. I have added a dash of cooking red wine to the recepie which is completely optional.
If you are preparing this dish for any guest , make it the previous day itself and set aside , this will make the recepie more delicious.
Checkout the detailed recepie below 👇🏻
Preparation time:15 mins
Cooking time: 30 to 40 mins
- Chicken: 1/2 kg cubed ( boneless)
- Onion: 2 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 1 large finely chopped
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Cooking wine: 2 tbsp ( optional)
- Green chillies: 2 sliced
- Oil: 4 tbsp
For Vindaloo Paste :
- Dry red chillies: 7 to 8
- Garlic: 5 to 6 cloves
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Cinnamon: 1 small stick
- Cloves: 3
- Green cardamom: 2
- Black pepper corns : 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- White vinegar: 4 tbsp
- Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 15 mins.
- Blend together all the ingredients for Vindaloo paste using sufficient warm water used for soaking chillies into fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onions with some salt and sauté till the onions become golden brown.
- Add the Vindaloo paste and Kashmiri chilli powder. Sauté till oil separates.
- Add tomatoes, cover n cook till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add the chicken pieces, mix well with the gravy.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 10 mins.
- Add 1 tbsp vinegar ,sugar and cooking wine and mix , cook for another 10 mins on medium to high flame till gravy thickens.
- Finally add some sliced green chillies on top and switch off the flame. Keep it aside for at least an hour before serving.
You must log in to post a comment.