Liver Roast is a popular kerala recepie. You can try any chicken / beef/ mutton liver with the same recepie. I have used Chicken liver here. This recepie tastes more delicious when cooked in coconut oil with lots of black pepper and sauteed in shallots. Onions can be substituted for shallots. I had used onions today because I ran out of shallots stock.
Serve it with rice, bread, chapatis or naan. It just goes well with anything.
Lets checkout the recepie below
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Chicken Liver: 500g
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Ginger: 1 tbsp crushed
- Garlic: 1 tbsp crushed
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Shallots : 1/2 cup sliced
- Onions: 2 finely sliced
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Curry powder: 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds: 1 tbsp crushed
- Black pepper powder: 1 to 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 4 tbsp
- Cut the liver pieces, wash it in water with 1/2 tsp of turmeric in it. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Marinate it with ingredients mentioned under ‘For Marination’ . Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a wok, add coconut oil.
- Add crushed garlic, crushed ginger , green chillies . Toss for few seconds.
- Add finely sliced shallots or onions finely sliced. Add some salt and saute till it turns brown.
- Reduce the flame and add coriander powder and curry powder. Mix well for 2 mins.
- Add the marinated liver pieces. Mix gently. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 mins.Do not cook for longer time , as liver becomes rubbery in texture if cooked for longer time.
- Finally add pepper powder, crushed fennel seeds and some curry leaves. Mix well and its done.
You must log in to post a comment.