‘Upperi’ or ‘Mezhukperati’ is a kerala style stir fry recipes using any veggies. Here I have prepared using french beans. These type of stir fries are very quick and easy to prepare and it goes well with rice and even rotis.
Checkout the detailed recipe below , do share your feedback if you try the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- French beans: 150g
- Red onions: 1 sliced
- Shallots/ pearl onions: 2 to 3
- Red chilli flakes: 1tsp
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Curry leaves: few
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
- Wash and dry the french beans. Trim of the edges and chop into medium long size.
- Heat a pan, add coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add onions , green chillies and curry leaves. Saute till the onions starts to turm translucent.
- Add the french beans, mix with the onions, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add some salt, mix and again cook for 7 to 8 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 mins. The beans shud be soft n cooked by now.
- At this stage add crushed shallots and red chilli flakes mix and keep sauteeing till the raw smell goes and switch off the flame.